Within limits. The CMS Content Management User Manager currently only supports a few levels (“groups”) of users. You can show different content to different groups, but you cannot show each individual user a unique set of content. Put another way, every user in the group will see the same content as the other users in the group. If you really need this functionality, there are some third party components which add additional flexibility.
The step by step instructions are for a CMS site with the following requirements:
- by default, material is only accessible to logged in users
- some material should be accessible to people who are not logged into the site
- restricted content must not be available to regular members or anonymous users (including through search)
- regular users must not be made aware that restricted areas exist on the website
- end users cannot be expected to follow any special instructions after creating cms content
User accounts, registration and login functionality. Setup user groups and restrict access to certain areas of your website. Stay in touch with your users/customers using the built in mailer system.
Keep your website fresh and up to date with your latest news and blog content. Allow users to comment on your posts with moderation options.